BUSINESS OPERATIONS MANAGER – ATANYA SOLAR
Atanya Solar’s parent company, Energicity currently has operations in Sierra Leone- where it won a highly competitive government tender to provide energy services to up to 100,0000 people, and Ghana where it has been in operations since 2015. Energicity’s value proposition to our rural customer, living in a community not connected to the grid – is to provide affordable, reliable electricity that is powerful enough to power any household or commercial need.
Atanya Solar is hiring a Business Operations Manager to ensure the smooth operations of the business.
Qualified candidates -especially those who like to work with a great and fun group of team –please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Atanya Solar Business Development Director Role as the subject.
Duties of the Business Operations Manager include:
- Manage corporate budgets with reporting against budget
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting with external accountants. Packaging necessary information for reporting to be delivered on time
- Operate warehouse according to Energicity protocols ensuring availability of equipment on a timely basis and accuracy of inventory reporting.
- Lead local logistics functions enabling on time delivery of materials and availability of staff to ensure that projects are able to be delivered on time. This includes ensuring the performance of the vehicle fleet.
- Lead local procurement.
- Work with operational teams within Atanya Solar providing an in-house project management/ project evaluation capability, including leading the project construction closeout process to ensure all milestones are met.
- Work with Business Operations teams across Energicity Corp to continuously improve operations, procedures and operational metrics
Requirements of the role:
- University degree (Business Administration, Project management, or related fields) required with 5+ years or more experience in accounting, construction management, project management, or business operations.
- Must be both Impact and Business focused.
- Must have demonstrated relationship development skills with all levels of people – from rural farmers to leading government officials
- Must have demonstrated experience thriving in high performance environment with aggressive goals on tight time frames
- Proven project management and implementation skills
- Analytical, data-driven thinker with superior problem-solving skills.
- Able to balance being both self-directed and also engaging multifunctional team in collaborative decision making to achieve best results
- This role will require significant time spent in the field. Assume full-time commitment to field office for first 6- 12 months.
- Local language skills are a requirement, French is a plus.
- Oh, and a sense of humor
Compensation: Market compensation with quarterly performance bonuses. Considerable opportunity to grow within Atanya Solar and across Energicity Corp companies.
Expected start June 15, 2019
Atanya Solar and its parent Energicity uphold the highest standards of ethics and does not tolerate corruption or bribery of any kind. With acceptance of this role, you will reaffirm by signing the Anti-Corruption policy within one week of accepting this offer.
The core values of our company are:
Excellence – Everything we do must be of the highest quality from building and maintaining solar systems, to our software systems, to our documentation. We double and triple check our own work and each other’s work. We take responsibility for making things great; we also take responsibility and fix things immediately with anyone who is impacted if anything is less than great.
Learning – we strive to always be learning as an organization and as individuals. We are solution oriented in all things. If there’s a problem, we’re always looking at ways to fix it. If there’s not a problem, we’re always looking for ways to innovate to be the best we can be. We set up experiments and tests to try to do things better, we learn when things work, we learn when things don’t. We aren’t afraid to fail; we ARE afraid not to learn.
Teamwork – we value our team and we value each other. We have each other’s back. We communicate when something is working well and on track, we over communicate when something is not working well or on track. We trust each other and trust that we are all working for the good of the company – and if something isn’t working the way we think it should, the course of action is to communicate, to be solution oriented, and to have each other’s back.
Honor – just as we honor each other, we honor the communities in which we work. We respect our clients; we respect our stake holders. We recognize that we are working across multiple cultures and that we try to understand each other’s perspective – knowing that it is our differences that make us the best. We may not always agree with each other, our customers, our stake holders, but at the core of every interaction must be respect. There is no excuse for ever violating this.