Chief of Staff to CEO, Energicity
Energicity Corp is the leader in providing affordable, reliable, sustainable energy to families and communities in Africa that currently do not have access to electricity. Our fast-growing company is serving a 1 Trillion USD potential market with an innovative, clean energy solution we are saving he planet. We are also transforming people’s lives with sustainable electricity, improving some of the world’s most vulnerable people’s health, educational and economic futures.
With new investors Treehouse Management and Ecosystem Integrity Fund, TechCrunch recently hailed Energicity Corp in an article announcing our seed round as Africa’s Potential Utility of the Future.
This role is a fantastic role for people who want to dive in, who can work independently, deliver excellent quality work and who want to grow. It is for people who are excited about the impact of providing electricity to people and by learning how to build a great business with a great culture spanning the whole of (West) Africa! It is expected that this is a role that some one stays in for one to two years and if successful, they are immediately in line for a leadership position in the company.
Qualified candidates – especially those who like to work with a great and fun group of team –please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with Chief of Staff as the Subject by December 1 2021.
Chief of Staff
- Direct report of CEO of Energicity Corp, assisting CEO in every aspect of leading and growing a hugely impactful fast-growing company
- Lead and/ or support strategic high priority initiatives for the CEO with activities including research, project management, sourcing, decision making, and execution in partnership with operational teams. Samples of projects could include
- developing thought leadership by designing research and partnering with academic institutions
- developing tools and frameworks for measuring social and environmental impact of our work
- identifying and implementing partnerships to expand effectiveness, profitability or impact
- help launch new countries with facilitating hiring, culture setting, building ecosystem relationships in the country, and setting up the office
- Facilitate closing of financial transactions including financial modeling, collecting and creating data and analysis to respond to investor queries and ensuring complete data room
- Partner with operational teams’ in strategic decision through research, financial modeling: work with operational teams to develop business cases for new service offerings, partner with finance and market development teams to build financial models in support of RFP’s, tariff setting, service pricing
- Facilitate company achieving strategic goals with project management support– tracking, follow up, analysis of results of “experiments” and operational challenges, support and coordination
- Partner with CEO to rise to being best in class on investor relations and communications including facilitating board presentations, investor newsletters.
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Takes initiative: Being proactive in planning, anticipating potential issues and independently undertaking steps to improve performance.
- Critical Thinker: Effective at thinking through complex issues using traditional and innovative approaches to identify effective solutions. Seeks to accept and build off the ideas of others for solutions others may not have considered. Demonstrated ability to leverage data analytics and financial analysis to support recommendations.
- Leadership skills and organizational Savvy: Understands how an organization is structured and shows effective navigation strategies when seeking information. Interacts comfortably with individuals of varied backgrounds, organizations, etc. Able to motivate teams from a position of informal rather than formal authority to achieve a shared goal.
- Based in Freetown Sierra Leone but expect travel in other countries in West Africa
- Strong communicator – written, spoken, and visual media (PowerPoint) in both English and French.
Professional and Academic Background
- Excellent performance in Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree program from a leading school
- Course work or practical work experience in data analytics, project management and advanced financial modeling.
The core values of our company are:
Excellence – Everything we do must be of the highest quality from building and maintaining solar systems, to our software systems, to our documentation. We double and triple check our own work and each other’s work. We take responsibility for making things great; we also take responsibility and fix things immediately with anyone who is impacted if anything is less than great.
Learning – we strive to always be learning as an organization and as individuals. We are solution oriented in all things. If there’s a problem, we’re always looking at ways to fix it. If there’s not a problem, we’re always looking for ways to innovate to be the best we can be. We set up experiments and tests to try to do things better, we learn when things work, we learn when things don’t. We aren’t afraid to fail, we ARE afraid not to learn.
Teamwork – we value our team and we value each other. We have each other’s back. We communicate when something is working well and on track, we over communicate when something is not working well or on track. We trust each other and trust that we are all working for the good of the company – and if something isn’t working the way we think it should, the course of action is to communicate, to be solution oriented, and to have each other’s back.
Honor – just as we honor each other, we honor the communities in which we work. We respect our clients, we respect our stake holders. We recognize that we are working across multiple cultures and that we try to understand each other’s perspective – knowing that it is our differences that make us the best. We may not always agree with each other, our customers, our stake holders, but at the core of every interaction must be respect.
To apply, submit your CV and Cover Letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org before January 20, 2021.