Community Manager, Sierra Leone
Power Leone is hiring a driven, analytical and good communicator professional who has a demonstrated track record in problem solving for the position of Community Manager.
The candidate will lead our customer services operations within the communities of his scope, with overall responsibility for addressing all our customers’ requests and issues (including coordinating the resolution with technical team), delivering high quality services and collecting revenue to sustain our growth. Energicity SL is a fast-growing company backed by investors from the United States and offers a mission driven, usually fun, and always rigorous work environment with significant opportunities for training and development as well as professional growth.
If you are a qualified applicant, who like to work with a great and fun group of people, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Female Candidate are strongly encouraged to apply
Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 21th April 2022
Deliver our customer service goals including:
- High quality customer service which is easy for our customers to access and get their issues resolved
- Efficiently collect our revenue and reduce of customer delinquencies
- Manage and Support our local distributors
- Market our services and educate customers on how to benefit from them
- Work in communities to expand the number of customers that benefit from our offerings
- Educate customers on energy efficiency and other opportunities to add value to our customers
- Ensure customer records are accurate and complete
- Work hand in hand with the maintenance and technical experts to resolve customer request and provide high level of service availability
- Use Energicity SL proprietary platform to support customer service activities and ensure that data in the system is accurate and complete
- Visit and qualify new communities to support the company expansion in Sierra Leone by facilitating community and customers sign up process (including contract preparations, customers registration, …)
Reporting and analysis:
- Systematically report on activities and communicate to provide a good understating of project performance: revenue and electricity use analysis, customers complaints and success, …
- Identify issues and develop recommendations for improving performance, when appropriate contribute to develop full business case for implementing recommendations
- Provide consistent, timely and accurate reporting to management on project performance
- Minimum requirement undergraduate degree from leading university with 1 – 5 years work experience. Preferred degrees include Development Studies with a focus on community engagement and business management degrees.
- Experience must include first experience supporting economic growth or social development within rural communities in Sierra Leone
- Similarly, experience within a teams of customer support or field sales people would be desirable.
- Candidates ideally have decent levels of proficiency in Microsoft office products including being able to run your own analysis in excel and present the findings in power point that meets professional standards.
- Fluency in English and Krio is required. Proficiency in at least one other Sierra Leonean language desired.
About Power Leone
Power Leone is the Sierra Leone subsidiary of Energicity Corp, the leading West African off grid minigrid company with 1.7 MW in operations or under contract.
Power Leone’s parent company, Energicity currently has operations in Sierra Leone- where it won a highly competitive government tender to provide energy services to up to 100,0000 people, and Ghana where it has been in operations since 2015. Energicity’s and so Power Leone’s value proposition to our rural customer, living in a community not connected to the grid – is to provide affordable, reliable electricity that is powerful enough to power any household or commercial need.
Energicity Corp is a US corporation founded by two business and solar engineering leaders from the United States, Joe Philip and Nicole Poindexter.
The core values of Power Leone are:
Excellence – Everything we do must be of the highest quality from building and maintaining solar systems, to our software systems, to our documentation. We double and triple check our own work and each other’s work. We take responsibility for making things great; we also take responsibility and fix things immediately with anyone who is impacted if anything is less than great.
Learning – we strive to always be learning as an organization and as individuals. We are solution oriented in all things. If there’s a problem, we’re always looking at ways to fix it. If there’s not a problem, we’re always looking for ways to innovate to be the best we can be. We set up experiments and tests to try to do things better, we learn when things work, we learn when things don’t. We aren’t afraid to fail, we ARE afraid not to learn.
Teamwork – we value our team and we value each other. We have each other’s back. We communicate when something is working well and on track, we over communicate when something is not working well or on track. We trust each other and trust that we are all working for the good of the company – and if something isn’t working the way we think it should, the course of action is to communicate, to be solution oriented, and to have each other’s back.
Honor – just as we honor each other, we honor the communities in which we work. We respect our clients, we respect our stake holders. We recognize that we are working across multiple cultures and that we try to understand each other’s perspective – knowing that it is our differences that make us the best. We may not always agree with each other, our customers, our stake holders, but at the core of every interaction must be respect. There is no excuse for ever violating this.