Customer Operations Manager, Sierra Leone
Power Leone is hiring a driven, analytical and good communicator professional who has a demonstrated track record in problem solving for the position of Customer Operations Manager, based in our Freetown office.
The candidate will help manage our customer services day to day operations, implementing our productive use program, supporting the coordination of the team of community managers and our distribution network deployed across the communities served. Directly working with management (the Director of Customer Operations) to organize, prioritize and supervise team activities for addressing all our customers’ requests and issues (including coordinating the resolution with technical team), delivering high quality services and collecting revenue to sustain our growth. Power Leone is a fast-growing company backed by investors from the United States and offers a mission driven, usually fun, and always rigorous work environment with significant opportunities for training and development as well as professional growth.
If you are a qualified applicant, who like to work with a great and fun group of people, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Lead the operational deployment of our “productive use” program to stimulate economic growth in served communities, but also electricity demand and revenue growth for the company:
- Contribute to the development of the roll out plan for the program, then lead execution
- Organize the promotion of the program in the communities and manage customers registrations
- Coordinate with the other PL team internally (supply chain, maintenance, finance) to deliver the service on time to customer
- Track payments collections and develop strategies to ensure high rate of participation
- Schedule and coordinate supporting operations with the direct management and the community managers deployed on the field
- Report on the program impact and potential for growth / improvement: revenue and payments, demand stimulation, customer satisfaction
Help manage the team of Community Managers to achieve our customer service goals including:
- Work with direct management to schedule customer services operations and coordinate teams on the field
- Deliver high quality customer service which is easy for our customers to access and get their issues resolved
- Achieve efficient collection of revenue and reduction of customer delinquencies
- Support local distributors
- Work in communities to expand the number of customers that benefit from our offerings
- Educate customers on energy efficiency and other opportunities to add value to our customers
- Develop tools to market services and educate customers on how to benefit from them
- Ensure customer records are accurate and complete
- Use Power Leone proprietary platform to support customer service activities and ensure that data in the system is accurate and complete.
Provide reporting and analysis:
- Develop and use numerical reports and score cards to analyze and communicate relative performance of projects and also to make/support decisions and operations prioritization on a daily basis
- Identify issues and develop recommendations for improving performance, when appropriate work with management to develop full business case for implementing recommendations
- Define business requirements for improving our operations software platform
- Provide consistent, timely and accurate reporting to management on project performance
- Minimum requirement undergraduate degree from leading university with 3 – 7 years work experience. Preferred degrees include Development Studies with a focus on community engagement Or Business Management degrees.
- Experience preferably include first experience supporting economic growth or social development within rural communities in Sierra Leone
- Similarly, experience within a teams of customer support, marketing, business development or field salespeople would be desirable.
- Candidates ideally have decent levels of proficiency in Microsoft office products including being able to run your own analysis in excel and present the findings in power point that meets professional standards.
- Fluency in English and Krio is required. Proficiency in at least one other Sierra Leonean language desired.
About Power Leone
Power Leone is the Sierra Leone subsidiary of Energicity Corp, the leading West African off grid minigrid company with 1.7 MW in operations or under contract.
Power Leone’s parent company, Energicity currently has operations in Sierra Leone- where it won a highly competitive government tender to provide energy services to up to 100,0000 people, and Ghana where it has been in operations since 2015. Energicity’s and so Power Leone’s value proposition to our rural customer, living in a community not connected to the grid – is to provide affordable, reliable electricity that is powerful enough to power any household or commercial need.
Energicity Corp is a US corporation founded by two business and solar engineering leaders from the United States, Joe Philip and Nicole Poindexter.
POWER LEONE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
The core values of Power Leone are:
Excellence – Everything we do must be of the highest quality from building and maintaining solar systems, to our software systems, to our documentation. We double and triple check our own work and each other’s work. We take responsibility for making things great; we also take responsibility and fix things immediately with anyone who is impacted if anything is less than great.
Learning – we strive to always be learning as an organization and as individuals. We are solution oriented in all things. If there’s a problem, we’re always looking at ways to fix it. If there’s not a problem, we’re always looking for ways to innovate to be the best we can be. We set up experiments and tests to try to do things better, we learn when things work, we learn when things don’t. We aren’t afraid to fail, we ARE afraid not to learn.
Teamwork – we value our team and we value each other. We have each other’s back. We communicate when something is working well and on track, we over communicate when something is not working well or on track. We trust each other and trust that we are all working for the good of the company – and if something isn’t working the way we think it should, the course of action is to communicate, to be solution oriented, and to have each other’s back.
Honor – just as we honor each other, we honor the communities in which we work. We respect our clients, we respect our stake holders. We recognize that we are working across multiple cultures and that we try to understand each other’s perspective – knowing that it is our differences that make us the best. We may not always agree with each other, our customers, our stake holders, but at the core of every interaction must be respect. There is no excuse for ever violating this.