Manger / Director of Finance
Energicity Corp is the leader in providing affordable, reliable, sustainable energy to families and communities in Africa that currently do not have access to electricity. Our fast growing company is serving a 1 Trillion USD potential market with an innovative, clean energy solution we are saving he planet. We are also transforming people’s lives with sustainable electricity, improving some of the world’s most vulnerable people’s health, educational and economic futures.
Qualified candidates candidates – especially those who like to work with a great and fun group of team –please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Director of Finance as the subject.
With new investors Treehouse Management and Ecosystem Integrity Fund investing, TechCrunch recently hailed the company in an article announcing our seed round as Africa’s Potential Utility of the Future.
- Leads accounting teams, reporting to CEO
- Hires and manages financial team across subsidiaries hiring and managing accounting professionals to execute financial reporting duties
- Financial Reporting Budgeting and Analysis.
- Oversees accounting functions across operating subsidiaries in multiple countries to achieve and maintain timely and accurate reporting of consolidated financials. Leads consolidation of financial returns.
- Prepares budgets and analyzes subsidiary and corporate performance against budget objectives. Provide reporting to management and collaborate with teams to provide constructive recommendations on operational improvements to drive cost efficiency.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data. Supports quarterly board presentation of financial results
- Establish systems for monitoring compliance with lender covenants and ensure the company meets all lender obligations
- Prepare for and coordinate audits at the subsidiaries and corporate level.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and controls.
- Establishes financial policies, procedures, and reporting systems to maximize efficiency and achievement of company goals.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal inventory management, cash management, foreign exchange controls.
- Tax and legal reporting compliance. Oversee compliance with legal and tax requirements in each operating country (US, Sierra Leone, Benin), filing required financial reporting, and advising management on needed actions.
- Managing the treasury function, limiting risk and optimizing the financial result. Provide oversight for cash management, investment management and collections functions, including maintaining banking relationships.
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Ability to present findings and recommendations to senior management
- Takes initiative: Being proactive in planning, anticipating potential issues and independently undertaking steps to improve performance.
- Critical Thinker: Effective at thinking through complex issues using traditional and innovative approaches to identify effective solutions. Seeks to accept and build off the ideas of others for solutions others may not have considered.
- Problem Solving/Analysis: Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
- Organizational Savvy: Understands how an organization is structured and shows effective navigation strategies when seeking information. Interacts comfortably with individuals of varied backgrounds, organizations, etc.
- Preferred for role to based in West Africa (Freetown Sierra Leone or Cotonou Benin). However, could also be executed remotely with ability to travel 10-25% of the year
- Ability to speak and write in English required, ability to speak and write in French a plus
Professional and Academic Background
- BA, BSc or Masters of Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration required
- At least 5 years or more financial management experience
- CPA, CFA or other comparable certification in accounting or treasury certification a plus
The core values of our company are:
Excellence – Everything we do must be of the highest quality from building and maintaining solar systems, to our software systems, to our documentation. We double and triple check our own work and each other’s work. We take responsibility for making things great; we also take responsibility and fix things immediately with anyone who is impacted if anything is less than great.
Learning – we strive to always be learning as an organization and as individuals. We are solution oriented in all things. If there’s a problem, we’re always looking at ways to fix it. If there’s not a problem, we’re always looking for ways to innovate to be the best we can be. We set up experiments and tests to try to do things better, we learn when things work, we learn when things don’t. We aren’t afraid to fail, we ARE afraid not to learn.
Teamwork – we value our team and we value each other. We have each other’s back. We communicate when something is working well and on track, we over communicate when something is not working well or on track. We trust each other and trust that we are all working for the good of the company – and if something isn’t working the way we think it should, the course of action is to communicate, to be solution oriented, and to have each other’s back.
Honor – just as we honor each other, we honor the communities in which we work. We respect our clients, we respect our stake holders. We recognize that we are working across multiple cultures and that we try to understand each other’s perspective – knowing that it is our differences that make us the best. We may not always agree with each other, our customers, our stake holders, but at the core of every interaction must be respect.
To apply, Submit your CV and Cover Letter by email to: email@example.com before November 20, 2020.