Energicity – Field Metering Engineer Intern
Energicity Corp is a leader in providing affordable, reliable, sustainable energy to off the grid communities in Africa. Our fast-growing company is serving a 1 Trillion USD potential market with an innovative, clean energy solution we are saving the planet. We are also transforming people’s lives with sustainable electricity, improving some of the world’s most vulnerable people’s health, educational and economic futures.
This internship is a fantastic opportunity for people who want to work on advanced IOT systems and solar systems. It is for people who are excited about the impact of providing electricity to people and feel comfortable speaking with customers, maintenance technicians, and customer operations team. The intern will work closely with our metering team to conduct research, capture data and attend meetings.
Qualified candidates – especially those who like to work with a great and fun group of team –please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with FME intern as the subject.
Field Metering Engineer Intern
- Support the metering engineer in new deployments, and maintenance of our existing metering systems, including analysis, and in field maintenance
- Support the monitoring of existing metering systems and periodic physical checks
- Support commissioning on projects to ensure communications with metering platform and supporting new meter platform development
- Support building and design of new meter capability – including load control, grain mill scheduling, and other ideas as they are developed
- Strong communicator – written, spoken, and visual media (PowerPoint) in both English and French
- Customer centric
Professional and Academic Background
- Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering preferred
- Familiarity with programming and working with Arduino and microcontrollers
- Familiarity with power systems and energy calculations a plus.
- Basic understanding of electrical engineering concepts required
- Hands on work with microcontrollers, sensing, and wireless communications a plus
- Fluency in both English and French language required
The core values of our company are:
Excellence – Everything we do must be of the highest quality from building and maintaining solar systems, to our software systems, to our documentation. We double and triple check our own work and each other’s work. We take responsibility for making things great; we also take responsibility and fix things immediately with anyone who is impacted if anything is less than great.
Learning – we strive to always be learning as an organization and as individuals. We are solution oriented in all things. If there’s a problem, we’re always looking at ways to fix it. If there’s not a problem, we’re always looking for ways to innovate to be the best we can be. We set up experiments and tests to try to do things better, we learn when things work, we learn when things don’t. We aren’t afraid to fail, we ARE afraid not to learn.
Teamwork – we value our team and we value each other. We have each other’s back. We communicate when something is working well and on track, we over communicate when something is not working well or on track. We trust each other and trust that we are all working for the good of the company – and if something isn’t working the way we think it should, the course of action is to communicate, to be solution oriented, and to have each other’s back.
Honor – just as we honor each other, we honor the communities in which we work. We respect our clients, we respect our stake holders. We recognize that we are working across multiple cultures and that we try to understand each other’s perspective – knowing that it is our differences that make us the best. We may not always agree with each other, our customers, our stake holders, but at the core of every interaction must be respect.
To apply, submit your CV and Cover Letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org before June 01 2022. This internship will be in Benin location.