Energicity – Maintenance Manager
Energicity Corp is a leader in providing affordable, reliable, sustainable energy to off the grid communities in Africa. Our fast-growing company is serving a 1 Trillion USD potential market with an innovative, clean energy solution we are saving the planet. We are also transforming people’s lives with sustainable electricity, improving some of the world’s most vulnerable people’s health, educational and economic futures.
The Maintenance Manager is a self-motivated, analytical, and methodical professional with a proven track record of problem solving, team leadership and deep technical expertise to operate and maintain off-grid solar systems. The Maintenance Manager understands the operations and objectives of the company and more particularly of the Maintenance organization; translates them into clear instructions and priorities; plans and mobilize their team to ensure a high level of electricity delivery for our customers. The Maintenance Manager demonstrates leadership by developing the skills of team members by providing learning and development opportunities through structured and informal, on the job training. Qualified candidates – especially those who like to work with a great and fun group of teams –please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with Maintenance Manager as the subject. This position will be based in Cotonou, Benin Republic.
- Lead the Maintenance organization with key KPI on system’s uptime
- Manage and technically train & develop Segment and Community technicians
- Deliver operational excellence through Risk and Incident Management, a culture of safety and a technically sound Maintenance team
- Investigate and troubleshoot root causes based on information gathered in the field either through direct investigation or through remote support of technicians in the field.
- Data (PV, Battery, Genset & Customer/load) collection, integration & manipulation to identify and communicate root causes of failures, load profile, availability, predict and plan replacement of system components, and plan for seasonal demands.
- Provide consistent, timely, and accurate reporting to team and management on project performance
- Deliver generation system expansions (increase generation capacity) and extensions (increase grid reach) and deployment to key account customers
- Participate in commissioning process for handover to O&M
- Manage Maintenance Technicians schedules (daily, weekly & monthly), create & track tickets, and extract trends to facilitate better planning and resource utilization.
- Drive close collaboration with the customer operations team (COPS).
- Oversee resources planning, budgeting, forecasting, inventory, expense management, submission of PO’s and implementing cost aware initiatives within the team.
- Continuous improvement and team learning including understanding and implementing new tools, methods, and streamlined processes for improved outcomes.
- Hold team accountable for company values including excellence, communication, teamwork, learning, and honor.
- Cultivate a culture of safety within the team by ensuring that operations performed on mini grids comply with Energicity’s Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) guide and industry safety standards.
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication, responsiveness, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, adapt and roll out new ideas quickly
- Customer centric mindset
- Team management and strong collaborative leadership skills
- Strong Analytical Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision-Making Capabilities
Professional and Academic Background
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years of combined experience in Solar Maintenance Operations and team management – demonstrable track record of managing and leading teams to deliver excellent results
- A strong understanding of operations of solar PV and battery systems, generators, and power grids.
- Strong data analysis skills, and ability to extract and integrate data from equipment or online monitoring platform.
- Fluent in French and English
The core values of our company are:
Excellence – Everything we do must be of the highest quality from building and maintaining solar systems, to our software systems, to our documentation. We double and triple check our own work and each other’s work. We take responsibility for making things great; we also take responsibility and fix things immediately with anyone who is impacted if anything is less than great.
Learning – we strive to always be learning as an organization and as individuals. We are solution oriented in all things. If there’s a problem, we’re always looking at ways to fix it. If there’s not a problem, we’re always looking for ways to innovate to be the best we can be. We set up experiments and tests to try to do things better, we learn when things work, we learn when things don’t. We aren’t afraid to fail, we ARE afraid not to learn.
Teamwork – we value our team, and we value each other. We have each other’s back. We communicate when something is working well and on track, we over communicate when something is not working well or on track. We trust each other and trust that we are all working for the good of the company – and if something isn’t working the way we think it should, the course of action is to communicate, to be solution oriented, and to have each other’s back.
Honor – just as we honor each other, we honor the communities in which we work. We respect our clients, we respect our stake holders. We recognize that we are working across multiple cultures and that we try to understand each other’s perspective – knowing that it is our differences that make us the best. We may not always agree with each other, our customers, our stake holders, but at the core of every interaction must be respect.
To apply, submit your CV and Cover Letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org before August 20 2022.