Energicity – Technical Operations Manager
Energicity Corp is a leader in providing affordable, reliable, sustainable energy to off the grid communities in Africa. Our fast-growing company is serving a 1 Trillion USD potential market with an innovative, clean energy solution we are saving the planet. We are also transforming people’s lives with sustainable electricity, improving some of the world’s most vulnerable people’s health, educational and economic futures.
The Technical Operations Manager is a self-motivated, analytical, and highly organized professional with a proven track record of problem solving and team leadership. The Technical Operations Manager is accountable for the administration and effective running of the Maintenance and Field Metering organizations. The Technical Operations Manager understands the operation and objectives of the company and more particularly of the Technical Operations organization; translates them into clear instructions and priorities; plans and mobilize their team to ensure a high level of electricity delivery for our customers. The Technical Operations Manager demonstrates leadership by developing the skills of team members by providing learning and development opportunities for them.
Qualified candidates – especially those who like to work with a great and fun group of team –please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Technical Operations Manager as the subject. This position will be based in Sierra Leone.
Technical Operations Manager
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders for T.Ops including defining operational priorities, reporting on system performance, and participating in various task forces to define strategic direction.
- Perform Engineering data analysis on system performance to diagnose root cause of system failures, identify gaps, develop recommendations, organise Failures Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) workshop with teams and prioritize interventions accordingly.
- Ensure quality assurance & quality control (QA/QC) of operating sites; debrief with teams after major fixes; and ensure team’s strict adherence to identified procedures.
- Leverage data to predict and plan replacement of system components; and plan for seasonal demands (i.e., rains and thunderstorms) on technical operations.
- Creating Maintenance and Field Metering tickets, tracking tickets, and extracting trends to facilitate better planning and resource utilization.
- Define career ladder and superintend career development for Community Technicians and Segment Technicians; develop plans, programs, and coaching for development of the team.
- Oversee resources planning, budgeting, forecasting, inventory, expense management, submission of PO’s and implementing cost aware initiatives and processes within the TOPs team.
- Implement warranty claims, and battery replacement procedures.
- Continuous improvement and team learning including understanding and implementing new tools, methods, and processes for improved outcomes.
- Holding team accountable for company values including excellence, communication, learning, and honor.
- Cultivate a culture of safety within the team by ensuring that operations performed on mini grids comply with Energicity’s Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) guide and industry safety standards.
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, adapt and roll out new ideas quickly
- Customer centric mindset
- Team management and strong collaborative leadership skills
- Strong Analytical Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision-Making Capabilities
Professional and Academic Background
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of combined experience in Solar Maintenance Operations and Management – demonstrable track record of managing large teams, change management and leading teams to deliver excellent results
- A strong understanding of operations on solar PV systems, generators, and power grids.
- Strong data analysis skills
The core values of our company are:
Excellence – Everything we do must be of the highest quality from building and maintaining solar systems, to our software systems, to our documentation. We double and triple check our own work and each other’s work. We take responsibility for making things great; we also take responsibility and fix things immediately with anyone who is impacted if anything is less than great.
Learning – we strive to always be learning as an organization and as individuals. We are solution oriented in all things. If there’s a problem, we’re always looking at ways to fix it. If there’s not a problem, we’re always looking for ways to innovate to be the best we can be. We set up experiments and tests to try to do things better, we learn when things work, we learn when things don’t. We aren’t afraid to fail, we ARE afraid not to learn.
Teamwork – we value our team and we value each other. We have each other’s back. We communicate when something is working well and on track, we over communicate when something is not working well or on track. We trust each other and trust that we are all working for the good of the company – and if something isn’t working the way we think it should, the course of action is to communicate, to be solution oriented, and to have each other’s back.
Honor – just as we honor each other, we honor the communities in which we work. We respect our clients, we respect our stake holders. We recognize that we are working across multiple cultures and that we try to understand each other’s perspective – knowing that it is our differences that make us the best. We may not always agree with each other, our customers, our stake holders, but at the core of every interaction must be respect.
To apply, submit your CV and Cover Letter by email to: email@example.com before June 20 2022. This position will be based in Sierra Leone.