Energicity is looking for a driven, engineer ready to apply their skills to design and build solar microgrids for Sierra Leone and Nigera.
The Project Engineering role of Energicity plays an integral role in Energicity’s solar minigrid project design ensuring that company is able to deliver the sustainable, affordable, reliable service to our customers that the we are committed to.
If you are a qualified applicant, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before December 31, 2018.
- Project Engineering: Responsible for engineering of projects for Energicity solar microgrid and grid connected and stand alone solar systems
- Drafting plan sets and completing Bill of materials for projects
- Supporting onsite construction of PV system mounting and electrical installation
- Run energy models for final sizing of projects
- Electrical sizing and design of systems including but not limited, PV string sizing, wire sizing, module layout, inverter and charge controller selection
- Mechanical design of Energicity racking systems and working with local machine shop for production of racking structure components
- Complete documentation for every project
- Project Development Support
- Modeling and sizing of new projects
- Preliminary cost estimation during development of projects & contract negotiation
- Standard procedures implemented for construction of PV systems, grid construction, and SCS charging stations
- On time delivery of 75% of projects by Dec 2016;
- Implement continuous improvement into construction procedures and metrics for reduction of cycle time in implementation.
- Other duties
- Aid in performance analysis for design improvements of PV systems
- Identify new suppliers and participate in testing and qualification of new equipment
- Ability to draft in Autocad or other equivalent CAD software
- Familiarity with excel and/or programming for modeling
- Expertise in structural engineering with minimum basic understanding of major power engineering concepts or expertise in electrical engineering with a basic understanding of mechanics
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering in Mechanical, Civil, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Familiarity with photovoltaics (PV) systems a plus
- Hands on work with electrical or mechanical construction a plus
Energicity provides solar powered electricity to off grid communities in West Africa that is affordable, reliable and scalable so that families and households can thrive. We are currently providing electricity to 1500 people in the Ashanti region of Ghana and have plans to expand rapidly through 2017 and beyond, with top quality engineering, maintenance and customer support teams. Energicity Corp is a US based corporation founded by two business and solar engineering leaders from the United States, Joe Philip and Nicole Poindexter.
The core values of Energicity are:
Excellence – Everything we do must be of the highest quality from building and maintaining solar systems, to our software systems, to our documentation. We double and triple check our own work and each other’s work. We take responsibility for making things great; we also take responsibility and fix things immediately with anyone who is impacted if anything is less than great.
Learning – we strive to always be learning as an organization and as individuals. We are solution oriented in all things. If there’s a problem, we’re always looking at ways to fix it. If there’s not a problem, we’re always looking for ways to innovate to be the best we can be. We set up experiments and tests to try to do things better, we learn when things work, we learn when things don’t. We aren’t afraid to fail, we ARE afraid not to learn.
Teamwork – we value our team and we value each other. We have each other’s back. We communicate when something is working well and on track, we over communicate when something is not working well or on track. We trust each other and trust that we are all working for the good of the company – and if something isn’t working the way we think it should, the course of action is to communicate, to be solution oriented, and to have each other’s back.
Honor – just as we honor each other, we honor the communities in which we work. We respect our clients, we respect our stake holders. We recognize that we are working across multiple cultures and that we try to understand each other’s perspective – knowing that it is our differences that make us the best. We may not always agree with each other, our customers, our stake holders, but at the core of every interaction must be respect. There is no excuse for ever violating this.