JOB TITLE: Finance and Admin Analyst
Power Leone’s parent company, Energicity currently has operations in Sierra Leone- where it won a highly competitive government tender to provide energy services to up to 100,0000 people, and Ghana where it has been in operations since 2015. Energicity’s value proposition to our rural customer, living in a community not connected to the grid – is to provide affordable, reliable electricity that is powerful enough to power any household or commercial need.
Power Leone is hiring a Finance and Admin Analyst candidates -especially those who like to work with a great and fun group of people – please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with Power Leone Finance & Admin Analyst as the subject.
JOB LOCATION: Freetown
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Six Months contract
1) Managing inventory (50% of time)
- overseeing local procurement for goods purchased in Sierra Leone -including ensuring operations teams get three independent quotes, and conducting purchasing for office items
- ensuring proper documentation of inventory receipts and inventory disbursements to construction teams are provided
- lead monthly blind counts of inventory
- Entering procurement, inventory related transactions into xero (accounting software) weekly with supporting documentation for review by Director of Finance
- work with senior management on developing processes and capabilities that allow for more accountability and transparency and ease of reporting in our supply chain and inventory management
2) Office Management (20% of time)
- Managing purchases for office and petty cash and ensuring proper documentation
- Filing and scanning critical documentation for the company
- Clearing equipment through customs
- Special projects working with senior management
- Assisting in hiring, candidate screening and onboarding processes
- Vehicle scheduling
- Submittals of major documents – permits, licenses, etc
3) Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements (30%)
- Assist in Monitoring individual cashbooks to ensure correctness
- Assist in the Conduct of monthly Petty Cash Count and Inventory on the last Day of each month and reconciling those with Xero
- Update Fixed Assets Register (FAR) on a monthly basis
- Assist in strict implementation of Month End Closure Procedures before preparation of monthly financial reports, that will include:
- Reconciliation of Account Receivables and Payables
- Update FAR and reconcile FAR with General Ledger
- Calculate and record monthly depreciation
- Completion of all Bank Reconciliations
- Expense relevant portions of Prepayments and Accruals
- Assists the day-to-day book-keeping, including daily/ weekly lodgments, analysis of credit/debit payments, petty cash, invoicing.
- Being flexible, adaptable and available to take on other tasks or duties as requested by management.
- CAT/ HND (a Degree in Accounting is an added advantage)
- An analytical mind, a strategic ability and willingness to learn
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial accounting software (e.g. Xero)
- Excellent organizational, Communication, leadership and Interpersonal skills
- Preferred 3 years proven experience in finance or similar role
- Preferred knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
Excellence – Everything we do must be of the highest quality from building and maintaining solar systems, to our software systems, to our documentation. We double and triple check our own work and each other’s work. We take responsibility for making things great; we also take responsibility and fix things immediately with anyone who is impacted if anything is less than great.
Learning – we strive to always be learning as an organization and as individuals. We are solution oriented in all things. If there’s a problem, we’re always looking at ways to fix it. If there’s not a problem, we’re always looking for ways to innovate to be the best we can be. We set up experiments and tests to try to do things better, we learn when things work, we learn when things don’t. We aren’t afraid to fail, we ARE afraid not to learn.
Teamwork – we value our team and we value each other. We have each other’s back. We communicate when something is working well and on track, we over communicate when something is not working well or on track. We trust each other and trust that we are all working for the good of the company – and if something isn’t working the way we think it should, the course of action is to communicate, to be solution oriented, and to have each other’s back.
Honor – just as we honor each other, we honor the communities in which we work. We respect our clients, we respect our stake holders. We recognize that we are working across multiple cultures and that we try to understand each other’s perspective – knowing that it is our differences that make us the best. We may not always agree with each other, our customers, our stake holders, but at the core of every interaction must be respect. There is no excuse for ever violating this.
If you are a qualified applicant, who like to work with a great and fun group of people, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Female Candidate are strongly encouraged to apply
Closing date: 11th May 2020