Power Leone is hiring a driven, team player and good communicator person who has a demonstrated track record in customers facing or for the position of Junior Community Manager based in Port Loko District.
The candidate will assist the lead Community Manager of the District to deliver our customer services, with responsibility for supporting customers in the use of our service, gathering and reporting on our customers’ requests and issues, working with supervisor on the resolution and executing defined actions plan. Energicity SL is a fast-growing company backed by investors from the United States and offers a mission driven, usually fun, and always rigorous work environment with significant opportunities for training and development as well as professional growth.
If you are a qualified applicant, who like to work with a great and fun group of people, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Female Candidate are strongly encouraged to apply
Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 30th September 2020
Assist the Lead Community Manager of the District to deliver our customer service goals including:
- Market our services and educate customers on how to benefit from them
- Work in communities to expand the number of customers that benefit from our offerings
- Educate customers on energy efficiency and other opportunities to add value to our customers
- Efficiently collect our revenue and reduce of customer delinquencies
- Assist and support our local distributors in managing their sales and credit inventory
- Spent most of the time in the communities gathering and reporting customers’ requests and issues, and work with supervisor to deliver best resolution
- Use Energicity SL proprietary platform to support customer service activities and ensure that data in the system is accurate and complete
Reporting and analysis:
- Report daily to supervisor on activities executed and achievements: revenue collection, customer issues resolved, etc, …
- Identify challenges in the execution of work and develop with supervisor recommendations for improvement
- Experience ideally include first experience supporting economic growth or social development within rural communities in Sierra Leone
- Similarly, experience within a teams of customer support or field salespeople would be desirable.
- Undergraduate degree in Development Studies with a focus on community engagement or marketing and business management.
- Fluency in English and Krio is required. Proficiency in at least one other Sierra Leonean language desired.
- Candidates ideally have decent levels of proficiency in Microsoft office products including being able to do data entry in excel, or write report in word or PowerPoint
About Energicity SL
Power Leone is the Sierra Leone subsidiary of Energicity Corp, the leading West African off grid minigrid company with 1.7 MW in operations or under contract.
Power Leone’s parent company, Energicity currently has operations in Sierra Leone- where it won a highly competitive government tender to provide energy services to up to 100,0000 people, and Ghana where it has been in operations since 2015. Energicity’s and so Power Leone’s value proposition to our rural customer, living in a community not connected to the grid – is to provide affordable, reliable electricity that is powerful enough to power any household or commercial need.
Energicity Corp is a US corporation founded by two business and solar engineering leaders from the United States, Joe Philip and Nicole Poindexter.
The core values of Energicity SL are:
Excellence – Everything we do must be of the highest quality from building and maintaining solar systems, to our software systems, to our documentation. We double and triple check our own work and each other’s work. We take responsibility for making things great; we also take responsibility and fix things immediately with anyone who is impacted if anything is less than great.
Learning – we strive to always be learning as an organization and as individuals. We are solution oriented in all things. If there’s a problem, we’re always looking at ways to fix it. If there’s not a problem, we’re always looking for ways to innovate to be the best we can be. We set up experiments and tests to try to do things better, we learn when things work, we learn when things don’t. We aren’t afraid to fail, we ARE afraid not to learn.
Teamwork – we value our team and we value each other. We have each other’s back. We communicate when something is working well and on track, we over communicate when something is not working well or on track. We trust each other and trust that we are all working for the good of the company – and if something isn’t working the way we think it should, the course of action is to communicate, to be solution oriented, and to have each other’s back.
Honor – just as we honor each other, we honor the communities in which we work. We respect our clients, we respect our stake holders. We recognize that we are working across multiple cultures and that we try to understand each other’s perspective – knowing that it is our differences that make us the best. We may not always agree with each other, our customers, our stake holders, but at the core of every interaction must be respect. There is no excuse for ever violating this.