PROJECT ENGINEER – POWER LEONE
Power Leone’s parent company, Energicity currently has operations in Sierra Leone- where it won a highly competitive government tender to provide energy services to up to 100,0000 people, and Ghana where it has been in operations since 2015. Energicity’s value proposition to our rural customer, living in a community not connected to the grid – is to provide affordable, reliable electricity that is powerful enough to power any household or commercial need.
Power Leone is hiring a Project Engineer to Qualified candidates -especially those who like to work with a great and fun group of people – please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with Power Leone Project Engineer Role as the subject.
Duties of the Project Engineer include:
- Responsible for engineering of projects for Energicity SL solar microgrid and grid connected and stand alone solar systems
- Drafting plan sets and completing Bill of materials for projects
- Supporting onsite construction of PV system mounting and electrical installation
- Run energy models for final sizing of projects
- Electrical sizing and design of systems including but not limited, PV string sizing, wire sizing, module layout, inverter and charge controller selection
- Mechanical design of BSE racking systems and working with local machine shop for production of racking structure components
- Complete documentation for every project
- Project Development Support
- Modeling and sizing of new projects
- Preliminary cost estimation during development of projects & contract negotiation
- Standard procedures implemented for construction of PV systems, grid construction, and SCS charging stations
- On time delivery of 75% of projects by Dec 2016;
- Implement continuous improvement into construction procedures and metrics for reduction of cycle time in implementation.
- Other duties
- Aid in performance analysis for design improvements of PV systems
- Identify new suppliers and participate in testing and qualification of new equipment
Requirements of the role:
- Ability to draft in Autocad or other equivalent CAD software
- Familiarity with excel and/or programming for modeling
- Expertise in structural engineering with minimum basic understanding of major power engineering concepts or expertise in electrical engineering with a basic understanding of mechanics
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering in Mechanical, Civil, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Familiarity with photovoltaics (PV) systems a plus
- Hands on work with electrical or mechanical construction a plus
- University degree (Business Administration, Project management, or related fields) required with 5+ years or more experience in accounting, construction management, project management, or business operations.
- Must be both Impact and Business focused.
- Must have demonstrated relationship development skills with all levels of people – from rural farmers to leading government officials
- Must have demonstrated experience thriving in high performance environment with aggressive goals on tight time frames
- Proven project management and implementation skills
- Analytical, data-driven thinker with superior problem-solving skills.
- Able to balance being both self-directed and also engaging multifunctional team in collaborative decision making to achieve best results
- This role will require significant time spent in the field. Assume full-time commitment to field office for first 6- 12 months.
- Local language skills are a requirement, French is a plus.
- Oh, and a sense of humor