Black Star Energy is looking for a driven, analytical professional who has a demonstrated track record problem solving and team leadership for a new position, Project Manager, based in Black Star Energy’s Kumasi office. The candidate will ensure delivery of projects on time within budget and scope. The project manager should have a background in project management, budgeting and analysis. We are looking for someone to help Black Star Energy build robust operations capabilities that are the foundation of our being able to expand rapidly in Ghana. Successful fulfillment of the role will require developing people, processes and systems and providing leadership to deliver mission critical functions in the company. For more information: www.energicitycorp.com and www.facebook.com/blackstarenergygh.
Key functions that will this professional will lead:
- Project Management and logistics: The professional role will work on project management functions for our solar microgrid deployments, including: scheduling, developing tools to enable the company to meet its pre and post construction milestones, measure results and facilitate a continuous improvement of our operational capabilities
- Human capital development: As the company will expand our teams at a very rapid pace over the next two years, the professional in the Operations role will work cross functionally to develop tools and training to develop construction personnel into construction managers capable of developing budgets and schedules for projects and managing teams to deliver projects on time.
- Meet all milestones for all projects before construction start and providing a notice to proceed
- Works with the construction managers to support them on project scheduling and implementation such as creating schedules, maintaining deadlines, resource planning, and communicating issues as they arise
- Implementation of better project management tools and processes to ensure process improvement and identify areas where improvements can be made
- Management of close-out of projects ensuring that all documentation is complete and management of BOMs and inventory and requirements for accounting are met and completed by the team
Based on successful delivery of these requirements the person in the role has significant room to grow rapidly within Black Star Energy.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Has 3+ years of relevant operations or project construction management in a high performing organization
- Is excited about working in a fast paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial company
- Has demonstrated ability to structure their own work and perform in environments that require high levels of independence and personal accountability
- Proven working experience as a project administrator with preferred work experience in construction, solar or wind energy, or power
- Experience in establishing processes and conducting continuous improvements of processes using statistical metrics
- Effective written and oral communications with a wide variety of people including team members, stakeholders, and customers
- Detail oriented
- Is aligned with Black Star Energy values of Excellence in everything we do, Teamwork and having each other’s backs, Learning at every opportunity, and Honoring the communities and the people we serve.
Compensation and Seniority: As a start-up company we have flexibility to hire for this role at levels ranging from junior management to senior executive in the company based on level of relevant experience, culture fit and commitment to the mission and values of the company. Compensation will be commensurate with level of experience.
Please contact Nicole Poindexter at firstname.lastname@example.org with CV if interested in the position.