Energicity Corp is a high growth social impact company, providing the most essential of services – electricity to people who do not have it.
We are one of the leading developers of solar microgrid utilities in Africa, delivering affordable, reliable, scalable electricity to rural off grid families and businesses. Beyond just providing light, Energicity’s electrification services enable rural off grid communities:
- better health care outcomes with modern health care equipment, vaccines and light for nighttime procedures
- significantly increases wealth and opportunity for rural entrepreneurs and smallholder farmers.
- dramatic improvements in test scores for children in school, and
- soon e-mobility solutions as well…
Our services lay at the intersection of being a critical solution for climate change and addressing extreme poverty in rural communities in Africa.
Energicity is looking for a Chief of Staff CEO, Nicole Poindexter. In this role, you will serve in several different capacities – as manager of strategic projects to help move the business forward, expanding the presence of the company through marketing, presentations, and behind the scenes holding the integrity for a leadership team. The ideal candidate will both be excited by the new and be growth oriented and also be someone who thrives on the discipline of “keeping the trains running on time”.
The candidate would be joining an Energicity team that is high-powered – with highly motivated, leaders who have excelled in their fields, before coming to work for a company that is intellectually challenging, purpose-filled, and fun.
If you are up for the challenge, then please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by March 15,
- Direct report of CEO of Energicity Corp, assisting CEO and management team, in leading and growing a hugely impactful company
- Handle high-priority initiatives for the CEO that are typically either cross functional or outside of scope of operational activities, performing strategically, operationally and tactically levels
- Support CEO and management team in project management of key business activities including documenting and following up on action items and project plans, working with the team to identify roadblocks, and often provide additional bandwidth to unblock or actionable recommendations for improvement.
- Provide operational teams’ with strategic decision-making providing support through research, financial modeling, and business case development
- Partner with CEO in building relationships with external stakeholders, build process to track and nurture key stakeholders, investors, potential clients. Ensure high level of responsiveness for high priority relationships. Take lead on organizing Board of Director meetings including scheduling, preparing presentations, and follow up.
- Be a leader in corporate communications for the company including public relations, social media, designing and delivering presentations.
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Takes initiative: Being proactive in planning, anticipating potential issues and independently undertaking steps to improve performance.
- Critical Thinker: Effective at thinking through complex issues using traditional and innovative approaches to identify effective solutions. Seeks to accept and build off the ideas of others for solutions others may not have considered. Demonstrated ability to leverage data analytics and financial analysis to support recommendations.
- Leadership skills and organizational Savvy: Understands how an organization is structured and shows effective navigation strategies when seeking information. Interacts comfortably with individuals of varied backgrounds, organizations, etc. Able to motivate teams from a position of informal rather than formal authority to achieve a shared goal.
- Strong communicator – written, spoken, and visual media (PowerPoint) in both English and French.
- Position based in West Africa – Sierra Leone or Benin initially with opportunity to move to other countries. Some accommodation for remote work possible.
Professional and Academic Background
- Excellent performance in Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree program
- 3- 5 years work experience in consulting, banking, or business development, strategic marketing or other requiring high levels of performance in communications, analysis and project management.
- Experience in start-up, consulting or investment banking, or leading corporation with strong entrepreneurial ethos.
- Fluency in French is a strong plus.