- Job title:
- Finance Officer
Energicity SL Ltd DBA Power Leone is a subsidiary of Energicity Corp one of Africa’s leading solar and hybrid mini-grid developers, builders and operators, providing low-cost, reliable and modular electricity to off-grid rural communities that have never had electricity before. Our goal is to deliver electrification services to more than 100,000 customers in several African countries over the next 5 years, helping customers get light in their homes, and thrive in their communities.
The company’s core values are:
- Honor– just as we honor each other, we honor the communities in which we work. We respect our customers, we respect our stakeholders. We recognize that we work in many cultures and that we try to understand each other’s point of view, knowing that it is our differences that make us the best. We may not always agree with each other, our customers, our stakeholders, but respect must be at the heart of all our interactions.
- Teamwork– we value our team and we value each other. We support each other. We communicate when something is working well, we communicate when something is not working well. We trust each other and are convinced that we are all working for the good of the company. If something doesn’t work the way we think it does, the course of action is to communicate, to be guided, to be helped.
- Learning– we strive to always learn as an organization and as individuals. We are constantly looking for solutions. If there is a problem, we are always looking for ways to solve it. If there is no problem, we are always looking for ways to innovate to improve. We are constantly experimenting to do things better, we learn when things work, we learn when things don’t work. We are not afraid to fail, we are afraid not to learn.
- Excellence– everything we do must be of the highest quality, from engineering to operating our systems. We check our own work and that of others twice or three times. We are convinced that we can make things great and are fully aware of our responsibility in this regard.
- Purpose of the Job:
Energicity SL Ltd Power Leone is recruiting a motivated, analytical, dynamic and well-organised professional with a proven record of accomplishment in finance duties for the position of Finance Officer based in Freetown or Makeni. The candidate will work within the Finance Department, and assist the Finance Manager with the management of a recently added scope of operations, requiring rigorous and timely reporting to the project partners.
If you are a qualified candidate, who enjoys working with a group of wonderful, rigorous and fun people, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] Closing date: April 15th 2023
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements and budget performance. This involves the preparation of budget versus actual, or monthly forecast of spend per project
- Maintain the contract timeline as of when reports are due for our partners, and prepare them for the Finance Manager/ Finance Director review for timely submission.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of all reporting requests; support communication with relevant staff regarding deadlines and deliverables, ensuring complete follow through
- Along with the Finance Manager/Finance Director, coordinates with the operational teams for narrative reporting requirements.
- Reviews all documentation chargeable to the project/contract for proprietary, supporting documentation, approvals, adherence to policies including allowable costs.
- Ensures that costs are charged to the project based on a properly approved budget and activities.
- Maintain accurate and complete electronic and hard copies of all agreements, databases, contract files.
- Support in compiling and analyzing financial data to comply with all company, local, accounting and financial regulations.
- Supports the periodic auditing of procurement documents, and reports findings to the Finance Manager and Finance Director.
- Reviews posted transactions monthly for coding errors, missing expenses and appropriateness of expenditures and budget lines allocation
- Works with the Finance Manager in Implementing internal control procedures for all financial transactions.
- Trains staff in compliance with the project/contract policies and procedures.
- Management of inventory relating to the project, which includes, the preparation and management of the budget for inventory, and supporting the Procurement/Warehouse Manager in monitoring stocks
- Monthly preparation of the inventory report
- Support with the setup of reporting processes for new projects or ramp up in new countries
Undertake all work strictly following the safety guidelines as laid down in the Energicity’s Occupational Health and Safety Manual.
- Person Specification (Professional and Academic):
- Bac +2, 3 years of experience
- Fluency in English
- Mastery of classic business communication tools (Office Suite, Google Suite)
- High level of comfort preparing financial reports, statements and projections,Good
- Business acumen, ability to adapt quickly in hyper growth market, and operate in a matrix organisation with various stakeholders
- Self-starter, ability to act independently, consistently looking for opportunities to grow
- Good background on inventory management and inventory booking
- Knowledge of the renewable energy market is a plus