Energicity Corp is a high growth social impact company, providing the most essential of services – electricity to people who do not have it.
We are one of the leading developers of solar micro-grid utilities in Africa, delivering affordable, reliable, scalable electricity to rural off grid families and businesses. Beyond just providing light, Energicity’s electrification services enable rural off grid communities:
- better health care outcomes with modern health care equipment, vaccines, and light for nighttime procedures
- significantly increases wealth and opportunity for rural entrepreneurs and smallholder farmers.
- dramatic improvements in test scores for children in school, and
- soon e-mobility solutions as well.
Our services lay at the intersection of being a critical solution for climate change and addressing extreme poverty in rural communities in Africa.
If you are interested in joining our awesome team, then please complete and submit this Application Form- Junior Grid Engineer, Power Leone, FT Sierra Leone by September 22, 2023.
Purpose of the Job:
The Junior grid Engineer will be a key driver in ensuring the success of Energicity’s power distribution projects and ensure that they are delivered on time and within budget to provide affordable scalable electricity for our customers. The junior grid engineer works with Engineering and construction department to ensure efficient and cost-effective LV distribution system designs. He / She therefore, work with a variety of different equipment to ensure that electricity is delivered safely and efficiently to homes, businesses, and other locations.
The post holder will be responsible of the following:
- LV distribution system planning
- Conducts community visits to establish viability of community for solar mini grids.
- Preparing preliminary grid layouts.
- Work with construction team to chose LV distribution line equipment’s.
- Work with the grid supervisor to carry out grid mapping.
- Designs new power distribution systems or improve existing ones to increase efficiency or accommodate new technology.
- Calculate load requirements for system protection equipment and conductors.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting problems with existing power grids to identify causes and apply solutions.
- Preparing cost estimates for projects involving new construction or major equipment purchases
- Ensure compliance with Government regulations regarding LV distribution requirements and performance metrics.
4. Qualifications (Personal, Professional and Academic)
Ability to plan and supervise.
- Willingness to learn from the team.
- Good communication and collaboration with the team
- Commitment to the company’s mission
- Extensive knowledge and familiarity with the practices, procedures, methods, materials, equipment, and tools used in overhead and underground powerline construction.
- Ability to draft with AutoCAD or any other CAD software.
- Ability to carry out pole mapping and pole selection.
- Experience with MV and LV distribution line construction
- Degree in Power System Engineering or Electrical Engineering preferred.